“Joining Samsung in announcing hardware in advance of the Berlin IFA show, LG showed off their second smartwatch, the LG G Watch R.”
“Google Glass is kinda sorta now a publicly available product – the launch came with a series of fits and starts, culminating in an open, unlimited public beta that kicked off yesterday. Its first major competitor might be gearing up for a debut to follow shortly.”
“With the impending presence of Google, Samsung, Apple and others, Nike’s move [of cutting back on its wearable FuelBand fitness tracker] perhaps should not be seen as a sign the market isn’t taking off – rather it’s a clearing of the field before the real combatants take to a new battlefield that will see technology infiltrating ever more aspects of all our lives.”
Can This Company Finally Get The Retail Fashion World Online?
High-end fashion is one of the last holdouts against e-commerce. A virtual fitting room could change things–but the technical challenges are enormous.
How Chicago’s Lending a Stronger Hand to Wearable Technology
Think of Chicago tech firms, and the mind turns quickly to Groupon, GrubHub, Braintree and others birthed from Chicago’s tech incubators. Ask about Chicago wearable tech, and the list is more limited.
- Why the University Is the Ideal Startup Platform
The entrepreneurial spirit at the university level is willing and eager: nearly 90 percent of young people believe that entrepreneurship education is important, according to the Young Entrepreneur Council.
- Samsung Gear Fit: The Most Promising Wrist Wearable to Date
At Mobile World Congress 2014, Samsung didn’t just double-down on its investment in wrist wearables, it tripled-down, with the unveiling of the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit.
- Tech Takes The Runway At New York Fashion Week
Celebrities, designers, editors, bloggers and brands descending on New York’s Fashion Week are being treated not just to the latest in clothing styles but technology.”There’s a push to closely align technology with fashion,” said Rachel Arthur, global senior editor of digital media and marketing at WGSN.
- Gilt Groupe Said to Choose Goldman Groupe Inc
Gilt Groupe Inc., an online retailer of discounted luxury goods, picked Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to manage its initial public offering, according to people with knowledge of the deal.
- New York Fashion Week: Herve Leger marries style, tech When Lubov Azria and her husband, Max Azria, set out to design the latest Herve Leger collection, she says the idea was to pay homage to the technology that rules our everyday lives.
- Wearable Technology and Fashion: Can They Merge? Wearables are gaining popularity by the minute, as they were all the rage at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Right now, most of the fitness wearables on the market have the same black rubber bracelet look – which is typically fine for men.